Student Learning Devices
Device requirements and preferred suppliers.
Students are required to bring a learning device to Bede Polding College as part of their education.
The approved devices and operating systems are as follows:
OS 11 or above
Latest Chrome OS 4GB
*Must be purchased through our preferred suppliers as they require a Google Management Console Licence.
Existing Windows Laptop
Approved only for students who started at the College before 2021.
Existing Apple iPads
(excluding iPad Mini - OS 14 or above)
Students that started at the College before 2019 can continue to use existing iPads but new iPads should not be purchased as a learning device.
Device requirements and preferred suppliers
Information for parents
Learning device policy
Students using their own learning device or College devices shall:
- Only use their learning device if directed to do so by the supervising teacher
- Not to view or share inappropriate material on the college network or on any device used at the College
- Not download, store or play any games on the college network, unless directly related to class work
- Only obtain and/or share appropriate educational related images or videos of others with their permission
- Work only on appropriate tasks related to learning
- Correctly connect to the learning devices to the College network
- Ensure learning devices are charged before class
- Only log in with their assigned username and password
- Keep username and password private
- Treat all College equipment with respect and report any problems or damage
- Not change the settings on any College device or tamper with the equipment in anyway
- Correctly log off from College devices when finished
- Not eat or drink when using devices
- Save all work files to their own Google Drive
- Use headphones when working with audio files, only if directed by a teacher
- Abide by all conditions outlined in the CSPD Guideline ‘Responsible Use of ICT and Social Media for Students’.
Students exhibiting behaviours outside those specified in the student expectations will:
- Be cautioned, learning device activity monitored and asked to conform to the expected behaviours
- Have device activity recorded and restricted
- Have device activity recorded and access denied
- Be referred to the administration for serious breaches of these expectations. The consequences could include detention, suspension and in very serious cases the loss of any right to attend Bede Polding College.
Office 365 Student
More about learning at Bede Polding
Bede Polding follows the curriculum approved by the Education Standards Authority (NESA) covering all key learning areas. We have a range of courses to suit students at all ability levels.